Teacher of Drama
We seek an outstanding teacher to join our highly successful and supportive Arts Department.
This is a permanent 0.8 – 1.0 FTE post starting 01/09/2017
We are looking for:
- Commitment to ensuring that students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally.
- A reflective practitioner with a desire to work collaboratively and to share best practice.
- An inspirational teacher who can build positive relationships with students to motivate them to achieve to their potential.
- A personal drive for raising achievement and developing innovative practice.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work as part of a creative and supportive team.
- A coaching culture which is a key focus for bespoke staff development.
- Opportunities to lead and develop resources across all key stages.
- Involvement in a Teaching School Alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities.
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress.
- A vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging.
- Additional PPA each fortnight for teaching staff (beyond the 10% national expectation).
- A major investment in support staff roles (e.g. allowing the provision of “no cover”) so that teachers can focus on planning and delivering outstanding lessons.
The school has launched an iPad for Learning scheme. Every member of staff has an iPad as well as a laptop. All students will have iPads from Easter 2017.
This is an exciting time for the school. We opened a new £2.5m sports centre in February 2011 and a new specialist dance and drama studio in September 2013. A new £0.5m redevelopment of our DT facilities opened in September 2016.
All Application information & Application are to be made via TES website