Sixth Form Bursary
The Bursary Scheme is available to all students who attend Malton Sixth Form. It is provided by the school so that financial issues are not a barrier to successful completion of your studies.
There are two bursaries:
Guaranteed Bursary – students are eligible to apply for this bursary of £1200 a year if:
- they are in care or leaving care; OR
- they personally are in receipt of income support; OR
- they receive both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
Discretionary Bursary – students from a low income household are eligible to apply for financial assistance whilst at Sixth Form. Some examples are:
- Transport to and from School
- School trips that are part of their course
- Examination fees and resit fees
- Materials and textbooks required for their course
To apply for these funds students and parents / carers will need to complete a Financial Eligibility Form and an Application Form which are available from the Sixth Form Office.