update for september 2021 entry – years 7 & 12
We were so disappointed to hear this week that the current status of the pandemic means we are once again having to change our plans for this term and will therefore be unable to run a number of different activities and events across the School as originally hoped. Mr Williams has written to all parents, including incoming Year 7 parents, to outline which events will not now be able to go ahead and those for which alternative provision is being made. A copy of his letter can be found here.
As a team we are working hard to put together:
- A series of virtual events for incoming Year 7 students and parents
- A pre-registration day for incoming Year 12 students on 5 July
- A Summer School for incoming Year 7 students w/c 9 August
We will be in contact with students and parents to confirm details of all these as soon as they are available, and very much hope that the start of the Autumn Term will see a much longed for return to normality.
a note on results days
GCSE and A level Results Days will take place earlier than usual this year, but we are still hopeful these will return to in-person events. Again, further details will be sent to affected students as soon as possible. The days are as follows:
- A and AS levels: Tuesday, 10 August
- GCSEs: Thursday, 12 August
10 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE MALTON SCHOOL
- A SMALL, FRIENDLY SCHOOL PROVIDING A HAPPY ENVIRONMENT FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- EXEMPLARY BEHAVIOUR
- TRADITIONAL VALUES
- INSPIRATIONAL TEACHING AND LEARNING
- HIGH EXPECTATIONS LEADING TO ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- BEST SPORTING FACILITIES IN THE DISTRICT
- FIRST CLASS FACILITIES FOR SUCCESS ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
- PROVIDING A FIRM FOUNDATION FOR FUTURE SUCCESS
- BROADENING LIFE EXPERIENCES
- SPECIALIST SCIENCE AND MATHS SCHOOL
Malton School is a small, friendly and successful 11-18 secondary school with an excellent range of facilities. Our traditional values of tolerance, respect, politeness and an industrious work ethic are underpinned by our house rewards system. As a forward-looking school our iPad for learning scheme ensures digital skills are integrated into every subject area.
The school has the highest expectations for all students. It adds significant value to the progress made by students during their time in the school and achieves excellent academic standards in each key stage. The vast majority of our sixth form students move on to university, many choosing to attend “Russell Group” universities. Others choose to go straight into employment or look for higher level apprenticeships.
If you would like to find out more, please contact us to make an arrangement to visit our school.
iPAD FOR LEARNING
Malton Sixth Form
After an already incredibly successful year, Malton School has once again been recognised, this time in the TES Schools…read more