As a Student

In-Year Transfers

We know that students sometimes need to change school for a variety of reasons, for example, due to a house move, or because of difficulties at their current school.   Formal applications to transfer schools up to and including Year 11 should be made via North Yorkshire Council.  For more information as to how the process works and how to apply please click here.  If you are looking to transfer to Sixth Form, please contact us direct in the first instance.

If your child does need to move schools, for whatever reason, do please talk to us as early on in the process as possible.  In Year transfers are managed in school by the Heads of Year:

KS3 (Years 7-9):

Year 7 – Mrs Beal (
Year 8 – Mrs Cable (
Year 9 – Miss C Beal (

KS4 (Years 10 & 11):

Year 10 – Mr Green (
Year 11 – Miss Loughran (


Year 12 – Mrs Holden (

An in-year application can be made at any time of the year.