Malton School prides itself on being a supportive employer, offering favourable terms and conditions to facilitate outstanding teaching and learning. Some of the main additional benefits of working at Malton School include:
- PPA above the national expectation in response to staff delivery of a Personal Development Activity.
- A strong bespoke staff development programme for all staff.
- A major investment in support staff roles (eg allowing the provision of “no cover”) so that teachers can focus on planning and delivering outstanding lessons.
- Membership of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance.
Malton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All vacancies arising in school, for both support and teaching staff, will be posted here. You can view our staff equality, equity, diversity and inclusion policy here.
New: IT Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Manager to join us at our Apple Distinguished School close to Malton town centre. Playing a vital role in our continued growth and development, your knowledge, self-motivation, effective time management and excellent interpersonal skills will see you as the primary contact for the technological provision of the school. The IT Manager role is key in enabling us to deliver quality education and learning to over 1000 students, whilst ensuring our IT security and stability. You must be dedicated to delivering this essential support service in a manner that embraces our school values.
This is an established post to start as soon as possible. 37 hours per week (Full Year but we would consider Term Time plus an additional 4 weeks)
Grade K, Scale points 29 to 32 (£35,411 – £38,296 FTE)
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive experience in a similar role (a degree level qualification in a relevant area is desirable but not essential)
• Experience of overseeing the management, installation, maintenance, availability and security of an ICT network
• An ability to problem-solve and manage own time effectively.
Here at Malton School, we can offer:
• The opportunity to work as part of a vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging
• A coaching culture which is a key focus for bespoke staff development
• Involvement in the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance which enables us to work collaboratively, sharing best practice
Request for further information or to submit an application by contacting Claire Hardware at email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 4th June 2023
Interviews: Thursday 8th June 2023
Have you ever considered a career in education catering? With many exciting roles across our regions there are several opportunities available for catering assistants, supervisory management and cooks. Full training is provided within our successful family business. (A background in education catering setting is not required)
Here are some of just some of the benefits available within our education contracts.
- Excellent work life balance.
- 14 weeks holiday p.a.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive rates aligned to living wage.
We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision meeting the bespoke requirements of each school and client that we serve across the UK.
We are currently looking for General Catering Assistants & The role of Catering Assistant involves
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
- Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
- Helping the chef get ready for service by preparing food. Catering assistants may be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Helping to serve meals to customers
Working 39 weeks – with 5.6 weeks paid holiday equating to 44.6 weeks paid.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Please contact Anne Gordon, our Catering Manager if you are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01653 605333)
Lead Teaching Assistant
This is an established post to start ASAP
37 hours per week, term time (including training days)
Grade G (SCP 13 – 18) £24,948 to £27,344 +£1,500 Recruitment & Retention Annual Payment (FTE)
£22,989 to £25,072 per annum (actual)
Malton School is seeking a Lead Teaching Assistant to work with the Assistant SENCO overseeing the day to day running of the SEN team. You will be responsible for the timetabling of TAs to meet the needs of the students across the school as well as having line management responsibilities. You will also have your own workload of intervention classes and student support; this is a great opportunity for an experienced practitioner to step up in responsibility.
We are looking for:
- Commitment to ensuring that students maximise every opportunity to achieve.
- Reflective practitioner with a desire to work collaboratively and to share best practice.
- Excellent team player with strong leadership, communication and organisational skills.
We can offer:
- A welcoming school where staff / student relationships are excellent.
- A vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging.
- The opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team.
- A varied and interesting role.
- A coaching culture which is a key focus for bespoke staff development.
Closing date for applications is Midnight Sunday 4th June 2023. Application to be sent to Claire Hardware email@example.com. With interviews taking place w/c 5th June 2023