HEAD OF YEAR
This is an established support staff post to start in September 2021
37 hours per week, term time only plus 1 week
Grade G (SCP 13 – 18) – £22,627 to £24,982 (to be reduced pro rata)
This equates to £19,789 to £21,848 per annum (actual)
Malton School has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well organised people person with experience of pastoral care to join our excellent Pastoral Team. The role will involve providing high quality leadership of a year group, setting a strong ethos and culture of respect in line with the aims of the school and ensuring high standards of individual pastoral care, in doing so, supporting student progress and attainment. You would be joining a very strong team with an excellent reputation in the local community.
Adaptability, resilience and the ability to think on your feet will be essential in this varied role as will the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and staff.
For the successful candidate we offer:
- A welcoming school where staff / student relationships are excellent.
- A vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging.
- The opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team.
- A varied and interesting role.
- A coaching culture which is a key focus for bespoke staff development.
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make best progress.
Completed application forms and supporting letters should be emailed to the PA to the Headteacher, Sara Swindells on email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 9th June 2021 Interview: Wednesday 16th June 2021