Homework plays an important part in supporting learning. It contributes to developing skills such as independent study, self-discipline and personal organization and will be set as follows:
- In KS3 the core subjects (English, Maths, Science) will set one homework per week. All other subjects will set one piece per fortnight.
- In KS4 each examined subject sets one piece per week. Subjects can also set an additional piece a week if needed.
- In KS3 and KS4 students will have more than one night to complete any homework set.
Homework tasks can take a variety of forms:
- They may be set directly from work done in the lesson.
- They may be from a list which students are able to choose.
- Some may take the form of extended projects.
- In KS4 coursework may be set as homework.
- Students may also be asked to improve a piece of work, responding to teachers’ marking.