Apple Distinguished School
Nine years after launching its iPad scheme, and with five years of running the 1:1 scheme throughout all year groups, Malton School is delighted that it has been recognised as an Apple Distinguished School for the next 3 years, 2021-2024. Apple Distinguished Schools are centres of innovation, leadership and educational excellence. They use Apple technology to connect students to the world, fuel creativity, deepen collaboration, and make learning personal. The recognition for Malton comes for the way the School has used iPad devices to innovate teaching and learning practice across the curriculum:
- The use of Apple Pencils is enabling students to showcase innovation in their learning.
- The Lockdown Inspire Challenges issued by the Headteacher during the pandemic encouraged use of the Everyone Can Create series to develop both creativity and collaboration amongst students.
- The almost seamless transition to remote learning from day one of lockdown in March 2020 also helped to support the students with their wellbeing by providing a clear structure and routine. The use of the technology to enable wellbeing outreach to continue during the lockdown was significant.
The use of iPad 1:1 technology has also improved performance across the board:
- At GCSE and at A level
- When measured by our Progress 8 Score
- Plus 97% of students believe that their individual progress has been enhanced by their use of the iPads.
Our last Ofsted report, also highlighted that students on 16-19 study programmes demonstrated faster progress as a direct result of the iPad scheme.
You can find our more about our iPad for Learning Scheme here.