Malton School has been transporting students into the school for many years and also has an excellent out-of-catchment service. The school currently operates 8 routes for students in Years 7-13. Full details of the zones and charging can be found by clicking our Transport Zone List
Charges for our transport, for out-of-catchment students are tiered according to distance from school. Our own transport zones work as follows:
- Zone A: nearest collection point to home – over 3 miles and up to 10 miles as the crow flies from school.
- Zone B: nearest collection point to home – between 10-15 miles as the crow flies from school.
- Zone C: nearest collection point to home – 15 miles and above as the crow flies from school.
The charge for the 2023/24 academic year for our own transport is:
- Zone A: £390 per student for the academic year, which is £2.05 per day
- Zone B: £435 per student for the academic year, which is £2.30 per day
- Zone C: £480 per student for the academic year, which is £2.53 per day
Please note, our routes are very popular and often have a waiting list, especially mid-year. We replan our routes in April every year to take account of student intake for the September as well as the current waiting list. If you are moving house part-way through a school year or are moving into the school catchment area, please do contact us in the first instance to discuss school transport.
Students in Years 7-11 who come to us from within catchment, but live more than 3 miles from school, will have transport provided by NYC. Students in Years 12 and 13 who live in catchment, but live more than 3 miles from school should contact NYC in the first instance and apply for a paid permit to travel on NYC transport. (For further information on post 16 transport provided by NYC click here).
A copy of our Home to School Transport Information leaflet can be found here.
For further information, please contact Mrs Lane, Transport Manager, email: JML@maltonschool.org
Adverse Weather Arrangements
We aim to stay open wherever possible, so even if the buses do not run, school will be open for local students. On the very rare occasions where school is closed completely the school will contact the local radio stations who broadcast information on school closures. Please click here for BBC Radio York and here for Greatest Hits Radio (York & North Yorkshire). Notification will also be made on the school facebook account.