Malton School has been transporting students into the school for many years and also has an excellent out-of-catchment service. The school currently operates routes to the following locations for years 7-13:
- Route 1: Filey, Reighton, Hunmanby, Folkton, Flixton, Sherburn, East Heslerton, West Heslerton, West Knapton, Rillington
- Route 2: Cayton, Seamer, Staxton, Ganton, Yedingham
- Route 3: Scampston, Wintringham, Scagglethorpe, Settrington
- Route 4: Wold Newton, Weaverthorpe, Helperthorpe, West Lutton, Kirby Grindalythe, Duggleby, Wharram-le-Street
- Route 6: Stamford Bridge, Leppington, Eddlethorpe, Burythorpe, Leavening, Langton, Westow
- Route 7: Oswaldkirk, Helmsley, Nawton, Wombleton, Kirkbymoorside, Keldholme, Pickering
Charges for our transport, for out-of-catchment students are tiered according to distance from school. Our own transport zones work as follows:
- Zone A: nearest collection point to home – over 3 miles and up to 10 miles as the crow flies from school.
- Zone B: nearest collection point to home – between 10-15 miles as the crow flies from school.
- Zone C: nearest collection point to home – 15 miles and above as the crow flies from school.
The charge for the 2021/22 academic year for our own transport is:
- Zone A: £390 per student for the academic year, which is £2.05 per day
- Zone B: £435 per student for the academic year, which is £2.30 per day
- Zone C: £480 per student for the academic year, which is £2.53 per day
Students in Years 7-11 who come to us from within catchment, but live more than 3 miles from school, will have transport provided by NYCC. Students in Years 12 and 13 who live in catchment, but live more than 3 miles from school should contact NYCC in the first instance and apply for a paid permit to travel on NYCC transport. (For further information on post 16 transport provided by NYCC click here).
A copy of our Home to School Transport Information leaflet can be found here.
For further information, please contact Mrs Lane, Transport Manager, email: JML@maltonschool.org
Adverse Weather Arrangements
We aim to stay open wherever possible, so even if the buses do not run, school will be open for local students. On the very rare occasions where school is closed completely the school will contact the local radio stations who broadcast information on school closures. Please click here for BBC Radio York and here for Greatest Hits Radio (York & North Yorkshire). Notification will also be made on the school facebook account.