We encourage all students to take a full part in the many extra-curricular activities available. These may vary from trips and residential experiences, both within the UK and further afield, to sporting activities and participation in school teams and musical groups.
After School & Lunch Activities
A Homework Club operates in Room 11:
- Every lunchtime from 1pm-1.40pm. This is mainly for KS3 students but KS4 students who would benefit from additional support are welcome to attend.
- After school Monday to Thursday from 3.45pm-5pm. This is open to all students and staff are available at the club to help with difficult tasks students may be struggling with.
Additional Maths help is also available every Tuesday & Wednesday until 4.30pm in Room 21. It is open to all year groups for help to support students with particular Maths topics, revision or with homework.
Sports Clubs operate on a lunchtime (1pm-1.35pm) and after school (3.25pm-4.25pm) on a Monday and Wednesday. The clubs run as follows:
- MCSC (After School): Turn up and play Badminton
- 3G Pitch (Lunch): KS3 Football
- MCSC (Lunch): KS4 Basketball
- 3G Pitch (Lunch): KS4 Football
- MCSC (Lunch): Years 9-11 Netball
- MCSC (After School): All Years Badminton
- 3G Pitch (Lunch): KS3 / KS4 Rugby
- MCSC (Lunch): Years 7 & 8 Netball
- 3G Pitch (Lunch): KS3 / KS4 Hockey
- Sports Centre (Lunch): KS3 Basketball
If students are taking part in school sporting fixtures, details will be posted to Squad in Touch, along with results.
Malton School Equestrian Team meet regularly out of school hours for practices and competitions. For further details, please speak to Miss Davison, Head of Lower School.
Music groups rehearse both on a lunchtime (1pm-1.40pm) and after school (3.30pm-4.30pm). Practices run as follows:
- Show Band (After School)
- Jazz Band (After School)
- Orchestra (Lunch)
- Soul Band (After School)
- Orchestra (Personal Development Activity)
- Choir (Lunch)
- Primary School Orchestra (3.45pm-4.45pm)
Miss Harmon runs an informal art club every lunchtime and after school by prior arrangement on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Students should advise Miss Harmon the day before if they wish to stay on to complete art work.