Malton School has been transporting students into the school for many years and has an excellent out-of-catchment service. Currently the school operates routes to the following locations for years 7-13:
- Route 1: Filey, Reighton, Hunmanby, Folkton, Flixton, Sherburn, East Heslerton, West Heslerton, West Knapton
- Route 2: Cayton, Seamer, Staxton, Ganton, Yedingham
- Route 3: Wintringham, Scampston, Rillington, Scagglethorpe, Settrington
- Route 4: Wold Newton, Weaverthorpe, Helperthorpe, West Lutton, Kirby Grindalythe, Duggleby, Wharram-le-Street
- Route 5: Huby, Sutton on the Forest, Farlington, Sheriff Hutton, West Lilling, Flaxton
- Route 6: Claxton, Sand Hutton, Stamford Bridge, Buttercrambe, Leppington, Eddlethorpe
- Route 7: Burythorpe, Leavening, Langton, Westow
- Route 8: Nawton, Wombleton, Kirkbymoorside, Keldholme, Pickering, Kirby Misperton
Charges are tiered according to distance from school:
- Zone A: nearest collection point to home – over 3 miles and up to 10 miles as the crow flies from school
- Zone B: nearest collection point to home – 10 to 15 miles as the crow flies from school
- Zone C: nearest collection point to home – 15 miles and above as the crow flies from school.
The charge for the 2020-2021 academic year will be:
- Zone A £390 per student for the academic year which is £2.05 per day
- Zone B £435 per student for the academic year which is £2.30 per day
- Zone C £480 per student for the academic year which is £2.53 per day
Students in Years 7-11 who come to us from within catchment, but live more than 3 miles from school, will have transport provided by NYCC. Students in Years 12 and 13 who live in catchment, but live more than 3 miles from school, can apply for a permit to travel on NYCC transport.
A copy of our Home to School Transport information leaflet can be found here.
For further information please contact Mrs Janice Lane, Transport Manager at School or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adverse Weather Arrangements
School Closure – We aim to stay open wherever possible, so even if the buses do not run, school will be open for local students. On the very rare occasions where school is closed completely the school will contact the local radio stations who broadcast information on school closures . Please click here for BBC Radio York and here for Minster FM. Notification will also be made on the school Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Students – If your bus doesn’t arrive Stay at your stop for at least 20 mins – it may just have been delayed earlier in the route.
If you have waited 20 minutes and the bus still hasn’t arrived, go home and tell your parents. They may have already heard from school and can tell you what you need to do. If they have not heard from school, they should telephone school on 01653 605337/692828 to tell us that the bus hasn’t arrived and to find out what arrangements have been made.
Parents – Where a bus company has told us that a bus will not run, we will send out an email message telling you what alternative arrangements have been made. The message will go to the person you nominated as the first priority contact. Please make sure that you notify us if you change email accounts. We recommend that this should be an email account that you can monitor easily in bad weather. Some bus operators keep contact details for the students using their buses and they may telephone you themselves to tell you if the bus is late or not running.
If the bus is running, but you feel that the journey would not be safe for your child, for example, if your journey to the pick-up point would be risky, please telephone school to let us know that they will not be in school.
Early Bus Departures – Where a bus company has told us that they need to run the homeward journey early, we will also notify parents by email as soon as we can. If the weather is deteriorating quickly we might not be able to give you much notice. Please make sure your child’s phone is charged and they have credit so that you can contact them to let them know where they should go to be safe when they get home.
There may be occasions where the buses cannot run at all. If this is the case and you decide to bring your child in yourself, you should ensure that you can collect them at the end of the school day as the buses may not be running. This is usually 5pm Monday to Thursday, when students can attend homework club. Please contact school to check that the club is running as we may have had to close completely.