Sixth Form Bursary
The Bursary Scheme is available to all students who attend The Sixth Form at Malton School. It is provided by the School so that financial issues are not a barrier to successful completion of your studies.
There are two bursaries:
Guaranteed Bursary – students are eligible to apply for this bursary of £1,200 a year if:
- they are in care or leaving care; OR
- they personally are in receipt of income support; OR
- they receive both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
Discretionary Bursary – students from a low income household are eligible to apply for financial assistance whilst at Sixth Form. Some examples are:
- Transport to and from School
- School trips that are part of their course
- Examination fees and resit fees
- Materials and textbooks required for their course
These details are contained in the attached document – Bursary Summary Document
To apply for these funds students and parents / carers will need to complete a Financial Eligibility Form and an Application Form which are available from the Sixth Form Office or can be downloaded here: