We are very fortunate to have some first-rate facilities as a School, including: 8 specialist science labs; a technology suite with CadCam, 3D printer and laser cutter equipment; 2 food rooms, equipped to develop cookery as a life skill, with close links to the Malton Food Festival; a warren of studio spaces for Art running between the two main classrooms and reflecting the feel and aspiration of a university department, and a superb dance and drama studio that doubles as a lecture theatre and performance space for evening events.
Additionally, the Sports Centre provides us with some of the best indoor and outdoor sporting facilities in the district, including a climbing wall, full-sized floodlit 3G astro-turf pitch and athletics track.
For more information on Malton School’s overall facilities, please click here.
Sixth Form Facilities
In addition, Sixth Form students have their own dedicated areas at both East Wing and West Wing.
- Common Room: the Common Room is a large, bright room with café-bar style seating and tables, comfy chairs as well as study tables and chairs.
- Servery: the Common Room includes the servery which is open 10.30am until 1.30pm every day serving a range of hot and cold snacks, as well as drinks.
- Pizza Oven: the servery also boasts a pizza oven selling a range of freshly-made pizzas.
- Vending machine: as well as the servery there is a drinks vending machine in the Common Room, supplying a range of hot and cold drinks.
- Room 13: This room has banks of computers students can use to complete course work.
- Field: Sixth Form students have their own reserved area of the school field, complete with football pitch and picnic benches.
- Servery: there is a servery at East Wing open to all students on a lunchtime selling a range of hot and cold snacks.
- Room 40: New for September 2021, Room 40 is a dedicated Sixth Form study space which will be enhanced over the coming year, with additional study facilities added.
The 3G pitch at the Sports Centre can be booked by Sixth Form students when not in use by other classes in school.