16-19 study programme
We are proud to offer a varied and wide reaching curriculum package to meet the needs of all of our learners and ensure they have the skills and qualifications to be successful their next steps. All learners in Sixth Form will follow a full-time course of study that can be personalised to the learner but contains the following elements:
- A minimum of 3 level 3 courses or equivalent including A levels and/or Btec and Ctec qualifications. We currently offer over 28 different courses to suit learners career ambitions. Some students may choose to take 4 A levels or add our core maths AS level to their choices.
- PDA personal development activities: every student selects a PDA activity for a minimum of 1 hour a week to suit their needs. Options range from Gold Duke of Edinburgh award, EPQ extended project qualification, MOOCs mass online courses in a huge range of topics and additional creative, sporting or STEM activities.
- Our Tutor Programme is comprised of weekly tutor group sessions and assemblies that cover everything from the wider world discussions and personal finance to religious education and careers guidance. Our students use the Unifrog platform to track their development and research into post 18 options and support their UCAS applications or alternative career ambitions.
- All students will receive 1-to-1 sessions with both their tutors and pastoral staff where they will receive personal 1-to-1 support with both their academic studies as well as their personal development.
- Careers guidance meetings from our dedicated Heads of Careers to support student with all applications including early entry, Oxbridge, Medicine, UCAS, apprenticeships, employment and gap year arrangements.
- Students will have a number of timetabled study periods to support their learning across subject areas in our quiet study zones.