The Bursary Scheme is available to all students who attend the Sixth Form at Malton. It is provided by the school so that financial issues are not a barrier to successful completion of studies. There are two bursaries available:
Guaranteed Bursary – £1,200 per year
This Bursary is for students who:
- are in care or leaving care
- are personally in receipt of income support
- receive both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
This is available to students from a lower-income household and will provide funding towards:
- Transport to and from school
- School trips that are part of post 16 studies
- Examination fees and resit fees
- Materials and textbooks required for courses
Further details on both schemes can be found here.
To apply for these funds, students and parents / carers will need to complete a Financial Eligibility Form and an Application Form which are available from the Sixth Form Office or can be downloaded here.