The Bursary Scheme is available to all students who attend the Sixth Form at Malton. It is provided by the school so that financial issues are not a barrier to successful completion of studies. There are two bursaries available:
Vulnerable Student Bursary – Up to £1,200 per year
This Bursary is for students who:
- are in care or leaving care
- are personally in receipt of income support
- receive both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
This is available to students from a lower-income household and will provide funding towards:
- Transport to and from school
- School trips that are part of post 16 studies
- Examination fees and resit fees
- Materials and textbooks required for courses
Further details on both schemes can be found here.
To apply for these funds, students and parents / carers will first need to complete a Financial Eligibility Form and an Application Form which are available from the Sixth Form Office or can be downloaded here.
If you are in receipt of the Bursary and would like to apply for funding for a specific item (eg books, school trip), you can download the form here to make an application.