Visit our Open Day – Experience Life on a Normal School DayJanet
We are once again holding our Open Day and welcoming prospective parents and students on Tuesday, 4 July. The school will be open from 9.30am until 3pm and the Headteacher, Mr Williams, will give a short presentation at 10.45am, 12.15pm and 1.45pm to welcome guests.
Visitors are invited to book for one of 3 sessions using the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/BqxTPQD3ak
- 9.30am tour of the school followed by presentation from Mr Williams at 10.45am
- 11.00am tour of the school followed by presentation from Mr Williams at 12.15pm
- 1.45pm presentation from Mr Williams followed by tour of the school.
The invitation to attend is offered to any prospective parent or carer, and their child(ren), but particularly those in Years 4 or 5. As well as a welcome from the Head, visitors will be offered a guided tour of the school with current Year 10 or Year 12 students and a staff member. They will be able to view the entire site and gain a real insider’s view of everyday life in school – where lessons take place, what lessons look like, the facilities the school has to offer, including for sport and extra-curricular activities.
This will enable parents and students to gain a completely different perspective on school life to that offered at the Open Evening. Visits such as these are really key to making the right choice for your child’s secondary schooling. Malton School prides itself on being able to offer:
- A friendly welcome and a real sense of community and belonging.
- Excellent behaviour and relations between staff and students, including a team of dedicated pastoral staff each with responsibility for a specific year group.
- A focus on developing positive character traits such as tolerance, respect, politeness, good manners, kindness, a smart appearance and a purposeful approach to work and study.
- 1-2-1 technology with the use of iPads – Malton School is an Apple Distinguished School – combined with dedicated and highly qualified teachers who challenge and inspire students.
- Academic excellence throughout the school (ages 11-18) with strong progression to aspirational universities, apprenticeships and employment.
- Eight specialist science laboratories, the best sports facilities in the district, 200 seat dance and drama studio and performance space, modern technology rooms and outstanding facilities for Art.
- An extended day on a Thursday following a programme of Personal Development Activities to ensure the development of fully-rounded young people, ready to play their role in society.
Visits to the Open Day must be pre-booked, using the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/BqxTPQD3ak . If you are unable to access the booking form, please ring school on 01653 692828 and we will book a visit for you.